Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
It never ends - Page 4 EmptyIt never ends - Page 4 Line_b11It never ends - Page 4 Empty 
Hellafast
It never ends - Page 4 EmptyIt never ends - Page 4 Line_b11It never ends - Page 4 Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

It never ends

Go down 
+14
K1
U B BUGN
Stevo
herc1999
Chris P.
the-jerm
Beetle Juice
Dave
Bob
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Tom62
Hellafast
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

It never ends - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: It never ends   It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 8:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

One could reason the more crap you put on your car the more issues you have. I have A LOT of crap on my car. LOL. Where do I start. I have noticed my car wasn't running real good lately. Jerry made the comment at the Country Market that It didn't like to idle, and he was right. I spent all day at my buddies house wrenching on this thing only to find out I was only running 3/4 throttle. Some how the throttle cable slipped and being the TPS is calibrated on a wide open throttle, the cars ECU was trying to compensate a bad air/fuel mix but it was getting bad readings.
We messed with it most of the day to find a torn intake gasket...so one cylinder was either lean or rich depending on if its on boost or not. So tomorrow its off to NAPA for some gasket material.
On a good note. We installed a pair of 8000k HID head lights (very cool). The front sway bar was next and after some grinding on the lower control arm it seemed to clear good enough. My car has the turning radius of a school bus due to the wider rims and tires I have up front. After that we installed a new cylinder head temp gauge. Its a custom one made using a VDO cylinder head temp gauge then I took off the face and a buddy of mine that dose wraps for boats made me an AutoMeter face plate to go over it! Bling!! A one of a kind gauge....SWEET.
All in all aside from the air?fuel issues, it was a productive day in the garage.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
VWSPD
1791cc
1791cc
VWSPD

PostSubject: Re: It never ends   It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 7:40 am

what a bummer! thinking whoever did the welding needs a little talking to mgun
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: It never ends   It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 8:25 am

It already looks like 5 lbs of hammered shit.
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

PostSubject: Re: It never ends   It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 11:01 am

Rob, I've been following this thread, and I had a bad feeling when you went looking to AJ Simms to solve engine troubles. He's getting quite a bad reputation lately on the samba for slow delivery or no delivery. The thing is, he takes this setup back and sends more parts, do you think those will look any better? I doubt very seriously he's going to pay someone different to weld the new kit together, especially at the low prices he charges.

I won't even get into the fact that you are pulling off an EFI setup to go to a 4 barrel to make it easier to drive. I'm hoping this ends well.
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: It never ends   It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 11:42 pm

Im solving that by grinding it out and welding it myself. He agreed to re coat it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It never ends   It never ends - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It never ends
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa VW :: VW Shop -Tech Help / Gearheads Wanted :: Wrenching Section-
Jump to:  

It never ends - Page 4 BonEchobusinesscardfront
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com