Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
Beetle Paint/ body prep EmptyBeetle Paint/ body prep Line_b11Beetle Paint/ body prep Empty 
Hellafast
Beetle Paint/ body prep EmptyBeetle Paint/ body prep Line_b11Beetle Paint/ body prep Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Beetle Paint/ body prep

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
my quite
1600cc
1600cc
my quite

Beetle Paint/ body prep Empty
PostSubject: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 3:42 pm

So I'm shopping for my bug, and I see a lot of bugs with rust. Obviously these cars are up there in age and rust will be an issue. Now in my searches I have seen quite a few cars that the owners have stated that they were redone, body-off, ect ect and paint was done then. I'm usually hearing that the cars were done somewhere between 3 and 10 years ago. My question is almost everyone one of these cars has blistering paint and rust bubbles. Did Germany do something special to their steel before painting these cars that we collectively as Americans are not doing prior to paint? I've seen original cars with their original paint with less rust than these repainted cars. Thanks. Mike
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 9:46 pm

I have seen this one and its alot better than most for the same price. I know the guy selling it and hes a straight up dude.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
my quite
1600cc
1600cc
my quite

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 9:48 pm

I saw that one, and it has one major flaw....It's not a super. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 9:51 pm

Lol. That's not a flaw, but I understand totally. Be patient and you will get what you want bro. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 9:53 pm

And to answer you body question. Most people don't know how to do the proper prep work to make a lasting repair. They build far good cars. They look good from far, but are far from good.
Back to top Go down
my quite
1600cc
1600cc
my quite

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 10:17 pm

I figured it had something to do with the prep of the metal. Like they prime and paint without sealer. I do know that a bug that's not a super is not a flaw, lol. But i am almost certain after looking at so many cars that i do want a super. Fat girls need loving too.
Back to top Go down
panther
2443cc
2443cc
panther

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 7:08 pm

You got that right bro
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 7:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^^^ Its nearby if you want me to check it out.
Back to top Go down
muddobber
2498cc
2498cc
muddobber

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 10:32 pm

for the most part the original prime and paint was done by dipping the body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Paint/ body prep   Beetle Paint/ body prep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beetle Paint/ body prep
Page 1 of 1