Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
On The Oil Spill EmptyOn The Oil Spill Line_b11On The Oil Spill Empty 
Hellafast
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

On The Oil Spill

Go down 
+7
vwcadets
the-jerm
K1
baja69
Dave
MadMike
Stuka
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Stuka
Stuka

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 7:32 am

This oil fiasco is exactly what we have been dreading. I hope the next idiot that favors drilling in the Gulf, gets blistered publicly and politcaly.
On The Oil Spill 367442
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 7:51 am

Let it out Jerry! I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 1:18 pm

We have to get the oil from somewhere.

If we don't want the dangers in our gulf, but don't mind it in other countries, does that make us racist?
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 5:20 pm

The oil spill is a MEGA DISASTER.
Where should we get the oil, or should we?
How do we get the oil we need?
Do we need the oil?
Every little thing that happens anywhere in the world affects oil production and prices.
How much are we willing to pay?
Other countries will be drilling of Cuban coast if not already.
The same disaster could come from them taking the oil from our door step.
What should we do?
Back to top Go down
Stuka
Stuka

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 6:25 pm

Hmmmmmm, how about on a TOTAL ban on offshore drilling in salt or fresh water? Allow drilling on land only. The problem is containment when things go wrong. And, as we have seen, it will.
On The Oil Spill 367442
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 6:27 pm

The problem is Jerry, we can't stop other countries from drilling off shore, and they are already doing it and buying up the rights to do more of it! Who do you think will react in a faster, more ecologically sound manner, us, or the Chinese, Russians, Cubans, etc?

Drilling in the gulf WILL happen, so it might as well be us.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/6/2010, 11:39 pm

On The Oil Spill 246452
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 2:47 pm

baja69 wrote:
Do we need the oil?

I don't know about you but my aircooled runs MUCH better with oil in it.

I agree, this whole thing sucks but its necessary. We can't rely on countries to play nicely with each other so we need to stop depending so much on them. The unfortunate truth is the world runs on two things: greed and oil.

That being said, I think if the drilling were to continue, the "intellagent" people running these operations should have MANY backup measures in place so something like this doesn't happen again. It should be the same for importing oil. The impact of the Exxon Valdez can still be seen. I know this is much worse but they're both still environmental dissasters.
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 4:24 pm

[quote="the-jerm"]
baja69 wrote:
Do we need the oil?

I don't know about you but my aircooled runs MUCH better with oil in it.

LOL, yes both my cars and every car that runs needs oil.
I should have said "Do we need the oil in the gulf?"
(not saying we do or don't, just wondering what other people think; it gets complicated)
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 4:26 pm

Its extremely complicated. I have to admit, seeing this in the gulf did get me worried, but like I said, drilling in the gulf WILL happen, so it might as well be us, who will go to great lengths to contain and clean any accidents. Can you imagine if this were a Chinese oil rig? The probably would've just abandoned it and said f*ck it (or however they pronounce it Wink
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 7:28 pm

I pray this disaster is a WAKE UP CALL!...every been to a beach in Texas?....I have they give you paper booties to put over your shoes because they allow drilling just off shore and oil has been washing up for close to a DECADE!!!....enough is enough....I would switch my bus over to electric battery power!! before you get my vote to allow drilling in the gulf!!!....PRAY it stays out of the gulf stream Exclamation or it will go right up the EAST COAST back towards the UK!(home of B.P.)...BP=BIG POLLUTERS! Sad...signed 1-pissed off 3rd generation FLA NATIVE! Shocked
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 8:02 pm

Aman brother... Hey BP On The Oil Spill 749324
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 8:50 pm

Unfortunately, as Dave pointed out, there will be drilling in the gulf and the Caribbean by countries which many are our enemies. A spill that could happen by them will still have a devistating effect on our environment. This spill isnt even in Florida's water.
So does it matter if we can't stop the rest of the world from drilling so close to our waters?
$4.oo/gal. gas made many opposers want more drilling.
One oil spill has made many want to stop drilling.
Too bad we couldnt have developed better technology since the first oil crisis.
As a fellow VW driver, we drive some of the most environmentally unfriendly vehicles on the road.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 9:03 pm

You say its not in Florida's water. You're right, it isn't . . . yet. We are bound to see a change in our waters before this is over. Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
Stuka
Stuka

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 10:20 am

You are right Sven, the Texas beaches have been messed up for years. I wish everyone had the chance to tour their coastline before any of this started.

Dr. Stephen Leatherman, marine expert who ranks beaches by quality, has noted significant damage to Texas beaches including the tar balls from oil rigs. This is the same Dr. Leatherman that ranked Florida's beaches 1st in 2008.

Let's keep the pressure on these pro-drilling idiots!
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 4:24 pm

I would say most pro-drilling idiots don't necessarily WANT offshore drilling.
I believe most are as mortified as the opposers.
There is land with oil.
That would help solve the containment issues.
But our wonderful gov't won't allow it, as well as other so-called environmentalists.
I think if govt gets out of the way, better technology would be discovered.
But, the oil companies and politicians feed each other, so I think were sh#@ out of luck.
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 4:44 pm

This just in...reports of oil hitting the barrier islands south of Lousianna....when do we START fining this oil giant for polluting our lands?...if YOU or I washed oil up on someone shore line they'd hit us with a fine$..a BIG FINE!....so when does this start?....BP has the WORST record in the whole oil business...WAKE UP AMERICA....before the BLACK WAVE HITS us ALL....I gotta go!...Im going out to the beach to watch the sunset....while its still nice to walk!!...sad....very sad! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Hellaslow
2165cc
2165cc
Hellaslow

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 10:55 pm

think this was a accident? nope!

1 day before "earth day"...think about it?

i blame BP for not having a plan to stop this sooner BUT lets thank some rightwing groupe of assholes for this mess...

i think "outside of the box"...

btw 6th gen florida cracker...
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:46 pm

Interesting theory.
What would be their motivation?
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 11:52 pm

I've learned I'm a oil drilling right wing idiot asshole. Awesome! Funny coming from a bunch of car guys who brag about modified motors.
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/9/2010, 12:19 am

Dave wrote:
I've learned I'm a oil drilling right wing idiot asshole. Awesome! Funny coming from a bunch of car guys who brag about modified motors.

A little hipocritical, right?
I don't think any who are for, or opposed to drilling are idiots, but if the spill was intentional, they are definitely assholes.
(Response to Hellaslow's right winger comment) :
I've never known any right or left wingers who would intentionally destroy our environment. Although, the left would seem to have more motivation in the immediate political climate.
Either way lets hope it's just an accident, and if it was intentional, they should get "old sparky".
As far as drilling, it's a relief to know some are informed of the whole picture, and there's no easy answer to drill or not to drill. The drilling is happening whether WE do it or not.

--Florida native who hates to see ANY environmental destruction.
Back to top Go down
Stuka
Stuka

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/9/2010, 7:12 pm

Dave, you are taking this personal, Don't. I focus on what is wrong and what's needed to fix it. This is a disaster of the "Nth Magnitude"! The Florida Tourism Industry's main drawing
card are it's beaches. If they are compromised, I have to consider the tourism generated employment impact. Yep, I drive an aircooled VW! At the same time, I will raise Holy Hell with BP to fix their problem! Hypocrite One!
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/9/2010, 9:27 pm

I NEVER thought about the earthday tie in very interesting bro...either way we need to stop calling a oil spill!...IT A OIL GUISER!!...(probally spelled wrong sorry)...still mad as HELL Mad
Back to top Go down
jstgtpaid
1791cc
1791cc
jstgtpaid

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 9:53 am

I thought the timing of the spill was rather suspicious as well. However, I would think that we would have heard about any nefarious connections by now.

What I find most troubling is the inability to stop this leak. It is mind boggling to me that we are not able to figure this stuff out. Now I read that they will inject trash into it to try and clog it up.

Finally, and I think this speaks to the real tragedy. CNN reported that the liability for BP is capped at 75 Million?? That is a trivial amount for companies like that.
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 12:37 pm

Agree, timing is suspicious.
Stopping it with trash?
Sounds ridiculous. But whatever works.
They should clean it up till it's done, and pay up till it bankrupts them.
As vwcadets said, it's a geyser.
Like "Old Faithful" spewing oil.
At least a tanker would leak out. This seems to be never ending.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 12:46 pm

I don't understand why they haven't tried to plug it with a large cork. It worked for Bugs Bunny when Elmer Fudd was trying to shoot him. The crazy thing is, that idea sounds about as good as any of BP's!
Back to top Go down
Stuka
Stuka

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 1:12 pm

April 21, Oil Rig sinks and 5,000 barrels of oil starts flowing into the gulf.
I did a little math and if unchecked, by June 10 (50 days) this will equal the
Exon Valdez spill in Alaska at 250,000 barrels. Sad
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 7:02 pm

SAD!....why hasnt the US Navy been brought in?...they got the submarines that could operate at that depth...plug it with SOMETHING!!!...anything a HUGE TAMPON confused I WANNA SEE oil covered CEO EXECUTIVES!!... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hellaslow
2165cc
2165cc
Hellaslow

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/11/2010, 5:18 pm

[quote="Hellaslow"]

lets thank some rightwing groupe of assholes for this mess...

quote]

let me clear this up...

i'm all for the US. "offshore drilling" we hafto get the oil from somewhere... what im pissed about is like said before 1 day before earth day...
the assholes i want to thank are the assholes whom took part in this mess..just wait after they stop the oil from flowing they will come out and point the finger at someone or groupe.. just wait...

i don't just love florida i love this country and i can't stand idiots screwing it up...
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/11/2010, 11:17 pm

Lets just hope they do stop the leak.
It appears accidental.
Right now the oil companies are busy pointing fingers at each other.
But, if we're pointing political fingers, my money is on the left.
Do I have any takers? lol Very Happy

Last edited by baja69 on 5/12/2010, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/12/2010, 12:25 am

At least the price of oil is dropping.
Maybe they figure we can collect our own oil from the beach and cut out the middle man.
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/21/2010, 2:14 pm

STOP THIS MADNESS!..it just KEEPS gushing into the GULF!!...makes me wanna cry pale
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/21/2010, 5:01 pm

What really amazes me is the lack of reporting from any of the agencies. Maybe they have nothing new to report besides, "This is Dink Dumbass from the National Ignorance Council. I'm here to report our attempts to figure out what to do has failed miserably and the Gulf will soon look like the tar pits once associated with the dinosaurs." It just baffles me how this can go on for soooo long!

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY! Now you can watch the disaster live on the internet.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Its great how we can't solve the problem but we can send a camera down to show everyone how neat it looks

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/21/2010, 10:48 pm

I agree. We have all these damn agencies sucking up our tax dollars and get in the way when someone wants to do something good, but they dont do a damn thing to fix anything.
What about help from other countries since we dont know what the fu@# we're doing?
We're always helping them.
Can you say Katrina?
Back to top Go down
TRIKERTROY
1600cc
1600cc
TRIKERTROY

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/21/2010, 11:39 pm

What was that guys name (Red something) that put out all those burning oil wells after the war in Quate/Iraq?

We could just some common sense like he has!![b]
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 7:33 am

Mad
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: very SAD TIMES!!   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/8/2010, 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...CRYING SHAME!!
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/8/2010, 10:24 pm

"Gulf of Mexico" or "Dead Sea"?
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/8/2010, 11:07 pm

DEAD SEA NOW
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 10:18 am

I listened to a radio interview with Physisist Dr. Kaku. He was explaining the constant failled attempts these guys are having is due to their testing and understanding of the environment their working in. They have tested every idea before trying to apply it to the problem. The only problem with that is they are testing in 200 FT. of water instead of 5,000. A little bit of a defference there. To understand the amount of pressure being exerted down there, he said to imagine you are lying on your back and each square inch of your body has a different car sitting on it. Doesn't take a scientist to figure out the problems with testing at 200 ft. when you put it in that kind of perspective. He went on to say that the government has the ability to remove BP from control and bring in a "think tank" of the top scientists from the world to solve this cluster f@ck but for some reason has not. Oh wait, Obama just got done saying he's kicking someones ass. Mabey he's demonstrating how to plug up the hole (dumb joke) Laughing
Back to top Go down
baja69
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
baja69

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 2:53 pm

Funny joke actually.
Obama needs not worry about "who's ass to kick" (he's so presidential) and what else he can take over. He needs to try to be part of a solution or get out of the way.
Why is BP in control anyway? This is a national disaster. There's other oil companies who could help with clean up, and other countries that may have other ideas. Where's the help from outside when we need it?
Sorry for venting, but it seems like Obama and BP are having a lover's quarrel and the children are suffering.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 4:23 pm

Obama claims he has been on top of it from day one. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
vwcadets
Premium Member
Premium Member
vwcadets

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 7:31 pm

JUST sick of it ALL Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 3:18 am

All we have to do is put a gold band around it and some wedding cake in it and it will quite putting out. Ive seen this work before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On The Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Oil Spill   On The Oil Spill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On The Oil Spill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa VW :: PW@ - Passing The Time :: The BS File-
Jump to:  

On The Oil Spill BonEchobusinesscardfront
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com