Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus EmptySpeaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Line_b11Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Empty 
Hellafast
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus EmptySpeaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Line_b11Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DORSEY BUS
Newbie / Rebuilding engine
DORSEY BUS

Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Empty
PostSubject: Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus   Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 11:03 am

I'm about to order new interior door panels and I'm not sure I want to install my speakers in the door. Has anyone mounted the front stereo speakers any where other than the door panels? I'm even considering using those tiny little 2" speakers that come in most new cars. I don't know if I should mount them on the dash or just above the kick plates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
muddobber
2498cc
2498cc
muddobber

PostSubject: Re: Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus   Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime4/7/2010, 10:51 pm

there are many options for speakers and quality. do you want speakers up front? speaker location isn't all that important if you use good equipment. i haven't done steareo's in a bus yet but that would be fun there is soo much room to make noise, music noise!
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus   Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime4/8/2010, 2:49 pm

Keep in mind that those little 2" speakers are great for the high end of the sound spectrum. In order to accomplish a full rich sound, you would need at least some mid range with those. The doors would probably be the easiest location to mount to but you might be able to build some enclosures under the dash? Really, anywhere within line of site will work as long as you don't mind being a little creative.
Back to top Go down
DORSEY BUS
DORSEY BUS

PostSubject: Re: Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus   Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime4/8/2010, 4:14 pm

I haven't actually gone to a stereo shop and listened for the right speakers for the bus. I figured I'd start here to see if anyone else has done something they found to be really satisfying. It does sound like the best place to star, right? LOL!

I have 2 new 6x9s in the bottom of the back seat - I think that's a standard in every bus I've seen. I have a power booster that was jammed up into the dash, but it kept falling out, so I disconnected it. I've heard that same back seat compartment is the ideal place to install the booster.

I'll probably end up realizing that the door panel is the best place for the 4" speakers.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus   Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa VW :: VW Shop -Tech Help / Gearheads Wanted :: The Interior and Sound-
Jump to:  

Speaker Mounting Options - '78 Bus BonEchobusinesscardfront
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
Hot Tub Parts | TampaVW FaceBook