Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
Seatbelt ticket! EmptySeatbelt ticket! Line_b11Seatbelt ticket! Empty 
Hellafast
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Seatbelt ticket!

Go down 
+6
Hellaslow
sugarsmama
K1
tricksuzu
the-jerm
Be Jeweled
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/31/2009, 12:10 pm

Just want to RANT.
I think that seatbelt tickets are complete bsflag I always wear my seatbelt but the one time that I don't the ass pulls me over. I think that if a person does not want to wear one they should not have to. I am in a big ass Ford Exploder I think that I will be ok w/out it on.

The part that ticks me off the most is because as he is writting me the ticket he is saying don't worry it wont put points on ur license as he is looking in the back to make sure that my daugher had everything on right.

If someone on a motorcycle does not need a seatbelt why the hell do I need one in a big ass exploder?

BTW the damn ticket was $101 and I am mad because that will be coming from my resto fund crybaby
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/31/2009, 2:14 pm

I agree. The law is retarded! Just a note, I hit a deer doing 60 mph in my wife's exploder and the air bags malfunctioned. They're not as safe as you think.
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/31/2009, 2:22 pm

Yea they actually are not safe at all. I rear ended someone in it while I was 8mnths prego and the air bag did not go off at all. When I went to the Dr. all he could say is I can't believe the air bag did not come out. But, in that situation it is a good thing that it didn't!

Uhaul will not even rent a trailor to explorer owners because of how easy they loose control. Needless to say I hate the v8 exploder that I have but, it beats a car payment Very Happy So I guess I will have to take some of that no car payment money/ resto and pay the dang ticket Sad
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/31/2009, 3:07 pm

That sucks. Yeah, ours was givin' to us. I probably would never have owned an exploder unless it was free.
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/31/2009, 4:10 pm

lol I love tickets they make me smile so much and all i see is sunshine and flowers hehehe

not really I went around someone once of the shoulder of the road and got a ticket for illegal passing and driving off roadway ( it was like 2 feet to make a right turn)..... I don't know what to tell you... mmmmm (don't brake the law?) you know what the laws are you know you shouldn't speed but you do it every day... so the one time you get caught eh pay the ticket..you know you were braking the law... as for motorcycles and seat belts.. its called a helmet.... no you dont have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.. but if you dont then by law you have to have insurance that covers you and everyone else in the accident on your motorcycle... not every one follows the rules.. just like everyone who still rides their motorcycle and hasn't got an endorsement... they will cet caught and be mad too.. but mmmm its the law. you wouldn't go and murder someone would you? so why get mad about getting a ticket when you know you weren't following the rules.... would you get mad if a ref didn't make the right call at a foot ball game when a man goes down and gets up and keeps running for a touchdown and its counted as a score? ok then moral of the story is if you follow the rules all the time then you are OK. if not then you take the chance of getting burned, and when you do just say mmm OK i got caught. like i said I have had my fair share of tickets and I know I was doing wrong when i got em.. LOL now that said I still don't pay em I fight every one i get and win.. no points no fine.. buttttt I pay a lawyer instead.. lol
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/31/2009, 4:47 pm

Seatbelt ticket! 246452 Seatbelt ticket! 909601
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/1/2009, 8:57 am

mmmm ok I got caught Sad

Btw Jerm it actually was kind of free it was a USF grad present from then rents.... lol
Back to top Go down
sugarsmama
1600cc
1600cc
sugarsmama

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/1/2009, 7:13 pm

go on be jeweled rant and rave... Mad :^&: chair it was really nice meeting you today
Back to top Go down
Hellaslow
2165cc
2165cc
Hellaslow

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 12:36 pm

sorry about your ticket....

everybody hates explorers but me i guess.... i loved my 92 explorer and kick myself in the ass daily for selling it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hellaslow
2165cc
2165cc
Hellaslow

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 12:37 pm

one more

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 12:51 pm

sugarsmama wrote:
go on be jeweled rant and rave... Mad :^&: chair it was really nice meeting you today

hahaha thanks nice meeting u also!
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 12:57 pm

O wow Hellaslow that is low! Well I have a 2000 that u can buy and trick out so that I can get a jetta Seatbelt ticket! 528361 hahaha just an idea!

I think I would like my exploder more if it was a v6 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 5:56 pm

ewwww you dont wanna jetta lol haha yah rant on who else you gonna rant to .. lol
Back to top Go down
jstgtpaid
1791cc
1791cc
jstgtpaid

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 11:14 pm

How about this for thread necro... I was with my two kids in my 59 beetle. Cop saw my daughter not being in a car seat and pulled me over today. I said my ride never had seat belts. That fella must have wanted to give me a ticket real bad because he was on the phone for a while but said that he couldn't give me one because of a 'loophole' .

I am not condoning riding without seat belts, but if your ride never had 'em I can't see how they can enforce them. In my honda odyssey we don't role until everyone is buckled up.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime5/11/2011, 5:29 pm

If anyone is concerned with safety, a vdub might not be the best choice, especially an old one. I would be more concerned with the steering shaft stabbing me in the chest than flying through the windshield. My $.02
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime5/11/2011, 11:27 pm

They can always be added later. I'm going to put 3 point belts in the panel. I just don't feel safe with a lap belt. I like my face.... even if no one else does.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime5/12/2011, 12:02 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
krakr14
2165cc
2165cc
krakr14

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime5/12/2011, 5:51 pm

talk about BS tickets my wife got a ticket for blowing her horn... thank goodness she knows some people and got out of it but thats the BS cops in my town
Back to top Go down
allisontech
1791cc
1791cc
allisontech

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime10/16/2011, 12:39 pm

I have to agree a little with every post above "they are all valid points". I would drive every day without my seat belt to and from work, and then on the weekends strap myself in my drag car with a racing harness so tight I couldn't move, "That was until the day on the I-4 exit ramp at Plant City, I saw a guy's feet hanging out from under his over turned full sized 4x4 Bronco" If he had his belt on he would still be pissed off to this day about wrecking that truck. From that day on If I'm driving a car, it doesn't move until everyone is belted in. As far as helmets are concerned, anyone that doesn't wear a helmet on a streetbike "has never had anyone turn left in front of them without time to stop" I was lucky to have a full face helmet on when I kissed the pavement after ejecting my self over the car at 50MPH, "I would probably be eating thru a straw to this day". To sum up my 2 cents worth of opinion "If you dont want to wear a belt don't wear one,but meanwhile belt your kids in tight until their old enough to decide!" silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seatbelt ticket! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seatbelt ticket!   Seatbelt ticket! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seatbelt ticket!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa VW :: Legal Issues :: Legal Questions-
Jump to:  

Seatbelt ticket! BonEchobusinesscardfront
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com