Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site EmptyI need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Line_b11I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Empty 
Hellafast
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site EmptyI need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Line_b11I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site

Go down 
+7
Be Jeweled
the-jerm
JimmyDee
SEEVWTV
Charlie Brown
MadMike
K1
11 posters
AuthorMessage
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Empty
PostSubject: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 4:37 pm

Ok post up catchy names for this site that DON'T have anything about VW, Volkswagen, or anything that may have Copy Right tied to it. Then a logo to match the name. So I'm coming to the members of this site for help. I need a new Name ASAP!!!!! PS lets make it NOT localized like putting Tampa or Florida let's think BIG

Last edited by K1 on 10/15/2009, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a PS)
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 5:14 pm

Tampa VeeDub maybe
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 10:38 pm

I like that... Or maybe Tampa Air Cooled.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Brown
1791cc
1791cc
Charlie Brown

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 8:44 am

I like Tampa Air Cooled. Man, VWAG is getting strict, huh?
Back to top Go down
SEEVWTV
1600cc
1600cc
SEEVWTV

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 10:27 am

I'm sure they will be after me pretty soon!
Back to top Go down
JimmyDee
1600cc
1600cc
JimmyDee

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 11:34 am

VDubTV
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 1:01 pm

Didn't we have this conversation before?

I dig Tampa Air Cooled but I recall your initial change from Tampa Bay Dune Buggies to Tampa VW was to shorten the title, wasn't it? How about "Jerm N Dubs"? Say it to yourself quickly (Catchy, huh?) and it will make sense not that anything with "Jerm" in it doesn't make sense. I would even be willing to do a photo shoot. . . Ya know, to promote the site Laughing
Back to top Go down
SEEVWTV
1600cc
1600cc
SEEVWTV

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 1:10 pm

Thats a good name JimmyDee. Thanks! London, shorter is always better. Easy to say and easy to type.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 3:10 pm

Ok, a serious suggestion now.

(Que drum roll)

"T-BAC.com" It stands for tampa bay air cooled and its short Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 3:25 pm

Gulf coast dubs
Suncoast air cooled
Skyway dubs
Warm weather wagens
Or, you could just use the initials for the one above so it would be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I, being a member from a location other than Tampa, think that having Tampa in the title is a bit too local. My honest suggestion would have to be Suncoast air cooled. It opens the area up a bit and doesn't give a feeling like the site caters to a specific group. I understand you would never do that but alot of people out there still judge a book by its cover.
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 4:07 pm

I agee with you jerm with trying not to make the name too local. I like both suncoast air cooled and skyway dubs. But, I think I am a sucker when it comes to having "Dubs" in the title so I think I am leaning more towards skyway dubs.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 4:11 pm

Not a fan of "Jerm N Dubs" or "T-BAC", huh?
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 4:15 pm

Let's try to not make it localized by using Florida or Tampa.

Last edited by K1 on 10/15/2009, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 4:19 pm

the-jerm wrote:
Not a fan of "Jerm N Dubs" or "T-BAC", huh?

Jerm I understand why you like "Jerm N Dubs"! I do like that one I forgot about that post. But, when I think of "T-Bac" VW is def not the first thing that comes to my mind..... So lets just go ahead and toss that name. lol
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 5:31 pm

How's about FL Air cooled, or FL Dubs N Rails, or just FL Dubs. FL being Florida obviously. Wink
Maybe that would broaden the possibilities of the site,in other words, more people,more events
Back to top Go down
Starie*eyez
Premium Member
Premium Member
Starie*eyez

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 7:28 pm

You guys are good at this Razz
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 3:34 pm

Do you mind me asking how they contacted you about this matter? I invision two secret service types knocking on your door but I know thats not the case. I've heard of them comming down on people in the past and it totally baffles me as to why they don't allow a following such as this to use two simple little letters. I mean, one would think that people so proud of the companies craftsmanship would be allowed to use it. It keeps your customers pleased as well as getting your name (at least two letters of it) out for others to see.

Ok, rant over. Carry on with the brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 4:21 pm

Well they didn't contact me it that I was trying to get the shirts made up and no matter what I sent in as a image they would decline it due to copy right infringement. So i ask what was it that was copy right they replied back saying that VW of America told them the use of there name, image,or pic of there cars used in any logo is considered copy righted. So I sent the logo you see at the top of the page and they approved it and now I have some shirts on the way. I guess line drawing don't count as image of there cars I must be that it is copy right if it's a pic of a real car. I do want to change the name to some that is not so local so keep um coming
Back to top Go down
sugarsmama
1600cc
1600cc
sugarsmama

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 8:12 pm

how about a simple name like...BUGGY BUDDIES...its just a thought Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 11:36 pm

Suncoast Air Cooled ( SAC ) Cool By the way what does Samba mean?
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 12:24 am

Everett Barnes, the founder of the samba.com called it that in memory of is dog. You can find more info on the history on the bottom of the samba home page just click on(about)
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 8:25 am

The Samba's Dictionary wrote:
Samba - Nickname for the 23-Window Deluxe Microbus in Europe.

I never knew he had a dog he named it after. That explains the little Samba Dog icon.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 9:37 am

Thanks Mike I never knew that, I guess That didn't help I only have a fish
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 9:39 am

Guppy Dubs works, I guess Laughing
Back to top Go down
sugarsmama
1600cc
1600cc
sugarsmama

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 3:55 pm

I GUESS BUGGY BUDDIES JUST DONT WORK.... Crying or Very sad JUST SEEMS LIKE WE ALL LOVE OUT VW'S AND WE ARE TRYING TO BE A LOYAL GROUP OF FRIENDS....WHO HELP EACH OTHER ...SORRY IF I HURT ANYONES FEELINGS...
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 4:02 pm

sugarsmama wrote:
I GUESS BUGGY BUDDIES JUST DONT WORK.... Crying or Very sad JUST SEEMS LIKE WE ALL LOVE OUT VW'S AND WE ARE TRYING TO BE A LOYAL GROUP OF FRIENDS....WHO HELP EACH OTHER ...SORRY IF I HURT ANYONES FEELINGS...

Hurt anyones feelings? I must have missed something!
Back to top Go down
Be Jeweled
2165cc
2165cc
Be Jeweled

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 4:04 pm

MadMike wrote:
How's about FL Air cooled, or FL Dubs N Rails, or just FL Dubs. FL being Florida obviously. Wink
Maybe that would broaden the possibilities of the site,in other words, more people,more events

I like FL Dubs!
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 4:53 pm

sugarsmama wrote:

At this time we are just coming up with names, Trying to keep it as broad as possible so that it includes everyone around the world . No feelings hurt it's all good
Back to top Go down
Starie*eyez
Premium Member
Premium Member
Starie*eyez

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 4:54 pm

sugarsmama wrote:

All suggestions are welcome, it's a cute name. I don't think any feelings are hurt by your suggestion, at least not mine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 8:56 pm

No feelings hurt at all. Put what ever you have on the table. That's the best way to brainstorm.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 9:40 pm

I totally agree with the-jerm.
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 8:53 pm

K1 wrote:
Suncoast Air Cooled ( SAC ) Cool By the way what does Samba mean?

hahaha yah i wanna be know as SAC lol

why don't you come hang out with my friends SAC!
we are having a SAC meeting.
we are getting our SAC together to chill.

hehehehehee GOOD TIMES that's the best lol 'wink'
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 8:55 pm

Dude I knew you would catch that ,lol
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:03 pm

lol you were just sitting there wondering how long huh hahaha Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:05 pm

yup cheers
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:10 pm

well the always said that great minds think alike...... so one day I will be as good as you hehe
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:34 pm

tricksuzu wrote:
well the always said that great minds think alike...... so one day I will be as good as you hehe
Yeah one day
Back to top Go down
Starie*eyez
Premium Member
Premium Member
Starie*eyez

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:38 pm

tricksuzu wrote:

Wow.... I can't believe you admitted that Tricksuzu lol!
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:40 pm

oh no you didnt just edit my post thats cheating aghhh lol
Back to top Go down
Starie*eyez
Premium Member
Premium Member
Starie*eyez

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 10:27 pm

tricksuzu wrote:
oh no you didnt just edit my post thats cheating aghhh lol

ROTFLMAO!!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 10:52 pm

Just goes to show ya " Great Minds" lol!
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/19/2009, 8:40 am

So, shouldn't it be "Super Wonderful Easily Amused Terrible Yodelers Suncoast Air Cooled Klub"? Yes, I know Klub is mispelled. It makes it Kool.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 12:54 pm

Ok ok.. I got one more. How bout Interstate Dubs?
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 7:08 pm

OK I know your going to like this ...............JitterDub(s) come on what do you think Smile
Back to top Go down
Hellaslow
2165cc
2165cc
Hellaslow

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 11:07 pm

suncoast oil drippers
or
suncoast veedubz
or
blitzkrieg dubs
or
blitzkrieg valve tappers
or
bay area classic dubs and rails
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 8:17 am

Hellaslow wrote:
suncoast oil drippers DIG IT
or
suncoast veedubz DIG IT
or
blitzkrieg dubs
or
blitzkrieg valve tappers Dig the valve tappers part.
or
bay area classic dubs and rails Too long?

Not too sure about the blitzkrieg part. I believe its already used by a big group and it may make one think we're "riding on their coat tails".
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 8:51 pm

i like suncoast veedubz bounce
Back to top Go down
Hellaslow
2165cc
2165cc
Hellaslow

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/24/2009, 1:35 pm

tricksuzu wrote:
i like suncoast veedubz bounce

that will be $50 please... Razz
Back to top Go down
tricksuzu
2165cc
2165cc
tricksuzu

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime10/24/2009, 8:38 pm

lol nice but getting $ from us would be like trying to squeeze blood from a turnip hahahaha I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site 927357
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site   I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help with coming up with a new Name for this site
Page 1 of 1