Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update EmptyVanagon Tire and Wheel update Line_b11Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Empty 
Hellafast
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update EmptyVanagon Tire and Wheel update Line_b11Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Vanagon Tire and Wheel update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Empty
PostSubject: Vanagon Tire and Wheel update   Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime6/3/2012, 2:25 pm

Hey everyone, long time no see. Been busy touring and working on Mad MIkes Bug! Just wanted to throw some info out there about my recent wheel and tire upgrade on my 89 Vanagon. Knowing that I was going to need new tires I started researching what sizes I could upgrade to. After many hours of reading I found no solid info about how big or how fat I could go. So with some help from the good people at Discount Tire Direct and some physical measuring on my own I took a guestimate. Heres what I came up with.
Originally my Wolfsburg Weekender came with 14' stock aluminium wheels. The van has NOT been lowered or suspension altered other than maybe some sag from old age.
I ended up putting some 16' Voxx 5 spoke, 5x112 7' wheels with a +25 offset and 205/60/16's on. They fit wonderfully! I did however have to make 2 slight mod's to get the front wheels to fit.
1) On the passenger front I had to remove the greese cap so the wheel would fit with the center caps in tact. Which is no biggy because the wheel completely encompasses the area to keep it free from dirt.
2) On the drivers side I had to leave the grease cap on due to the speedo cable, so I had to shave the prongs of of the center cap and silicone it into place.
One small observation... I could have gone with a 7.5' in the rear simply because there is more room in the wheel well with the offset. I could probably even use a small spacer to help solve that issue.
Heres some pics... I hope this info is helpful to anyone in a similar situation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanagon Tire and Wheel update   Vanagon Tire and Wheel update Icon_minitime6/3/2012, 8:54 pm

Sweet! It looks much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Vanagon Tire and Wheel update
Page 1 of 1