Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
projects that your working on Emptyprojects that your working on Line_b11projects that your working on Empty 
Hellafast
projects that your working on Emptyprojects that your working on Line_b11projects that your working on Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
projects that your working on Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
projects that your working on Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
projects that your working on Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
projects that your working on Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
projects that your working on Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
projects that your working on Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
projects that your working on Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
projects that your working on Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
projects that your working on Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
projects that your working on Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

projects that your working on

Go down 
+6
Dave
U B BUGN
shawn813
Hot Rod
K1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

projects that your working on Empty
PostSubject: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime7/12/2009, 11:13 pm

Thought it would be nice to have a thread for just pictures of our stuff. Finished engines or just a project you're working on. Turbo Basketball
Back to top Go down
1600cc
1600cc

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime7/24/2009, 2:34 am

This is one of four projects that i'm slowly working on, and is the only car that I have pics of so far. It is a '70 year beetle.
Yeah, i know... its not a dunebuggy or some rare, popular early lowered split windowed bug from california, so let the late model bashing begin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The PO fixed it up for his daughter back in the late 90's, but she couldn't learn to drive a stick shift car at the time (from what I was told).
Currently its not being driven. The rear luggage compartment needs replacing due to rust-out from an old leaky rear window seal once upon a time, and engine needs replacing or rebuilding.

The whole thing pretty much needs to be redone at this point from the inside out.
Not sure what kind of color the lavender paint is from, but hopefully one day it'll go back to the stock VW Diamond blue color..
The end.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime7/24/2009, 9:39 am

Looks like you hsve a good base to start with , Diamond Blue would look dreat on her . Keep us updated on progress Smile
Back to top Go down
1600cc
1600cc

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 3:29 am

K1 wrote:
Looks like you hsve a good base to start with , Diamond Blue would look dreat on her . Keep us updated on progress Smile
Thanks. Yeah definetly agree with the Diamond Blue. If I can't get it painted back to that way, then i'll probably go with another stock VW color from that year or close.
I was sort of embarrassed by the color it currently has anyway.
a little too 'girly' for my taste.. Embarassed (no offense to anyone).

For now Im just buying stuff and parting-out the wrong year front seats the guy put in.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod
1600cc
1600cc
Hot Rod

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime8/20/2009, 8:08 pm

Flat Black! Lowerd! O yea!
Back to top Go down
shawn813
1600cc
1600cc

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 1:21 am

I'm also working on a 1970 standard bug. but I had to replace the body with one that needs less work to it.But here is my pan,The old floor was rusted along with the front hump where the pedals go through, but its all ready to weld the pans in and apoxy coat it.
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 7:50 pm

Just Getting Started on the 1957 after finishing the 76.[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][b]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SHOULD BE JUST AS FUN< AS THE FIRST TIME......STOKED
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 9:10 pm

Please tell me you're keeping the reversed, widened stock wheels on the oval Very Happy

I'm currently working on and enjoying our 72 standard.

We have a 2 seat rail buggy that we mainly enjoy and work on it as it needs it.

Other projects are a 4 seat buggy with Chevy Ecotec motor and transaxle.

A 76 Triple White Super Beetle convertible.

And a 72 Sears Rascal fiberglass buggy.
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 9:19 pm

Dude,
Honestly, I am still trying to figure these wheels out. I have heard everything from what you said, to the water vehicle (schvimmwagen) or a Syncro. The thing is that they don't appear to be welded and they are 14". But thanks for the input. The wheels will be one of our last decisions. As, I have changed the super wheels 3 times.
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 9:22 pm

14" huh?

Here's the thing, the factory wheels are 2 pieces welded together (center and ring). It was very common back in the day to cut the centers out of VW wheels and weld them into a wider center. If it was done right, I could see how it could look like factory welds.
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime5/18/2010, 10:44 pm

Yep, the tires are VIKING 7.75 X 14. I know WEIRD. But the do look cool kicked out like that. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 10:49 pm

I'm back at it on the Oval. Pulled it off the chassis, and brought the chassis home today. I already have the new pans in and I am beginning to scrape of the 53 years of road grime off the front end. Can both of these tie rods be replaced? the steering box seems fin, very tight, very little play. This is getting a 4 wheel Disk Brake treatment and adjustable front end (not narrowed) thanks to Jeremy . I am looking for the bar that goes under the front of the back seat to hold the bottom up. I also need a steering column holder and a wiring harness. I am putting in a 1600 dual port, single carb. with air conditioning. I will also upgrade the tranny from the split case to a swing axle. I am still looking for all of these things. I will probably have Gilmore do the A/C, when we're ready. Lots to do first. The body has been getting done and will be painted and ready for the chassis around the first week of November. I'll keep you's posted. Here are a few generic pics that look like every other body off.
Coming Home
Road Grime
Split Case Tranny / New Pans
Body Off
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:25 pm

Hurry up and get some paint on that thing! Razz
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 5:21 pm

Pulled the front end today. Prepping the adjustable beam. I got it cleaned and put the torsions in, adjusters are on. Now I have to get the disk brake front kit that comes with the dropped spindles, so I can start getting it back together. I need someone who can press the King Pin setup together for me. Anyone, anyone? This is tough to do alone, a lot of this sh!t is heavy.
In Pieces

New Beam (Torsions In)

Clean Frame Head

Good Start For A Trike
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 11:16 pm

I think I may have the matching rear upholstery to that
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 11:18 pm

So Do I! HAHA
Back to top Go down
krakr14
2165cc
2165cc
krakr14

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 5:50 pm

Wow u b bugn thats a sweet oval ... very nice !!!
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks, her is the updated build thread. I thought this one kinda died off. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
krakr14
2165cc
2165cc
krakr14

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 7:04 pm

wow it looks so good ... so when can you start on mine.. lol maybe one day ill have half the skills you have .. very nice !
Back to top Go down
kevinlvy
Newbie / Rebuilding engine

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 9:51 pm

keep the pictures commin' love the way you guys work on your beetles more power and good day!

ps

love the convertibles btw
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:11 pm

Yea we have some love for the Fat Chicks around here.

Last edited by Hellafast on 12/3/2010, 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kevinlvy

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:16 pm

i am currently on vacation in the philippines right now the people here love them vw's, i can see them always running around the city. i'll post some later on, funny what they call them - "pagong" which means a turtle because of the shape of the beethle
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:25 pm

Welcome to the site Kevin Smile When you get a chance check out the introduce yourself section. we always like to know a little about the people that we are hangin with Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: projects that your working on   projects that your working on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

projects that your working on
Page 1 of 1