Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
The double cab got rear ended today EmptyThe double cab got rear ended today Line_b11The double cab got rear ended today Empty 
Hellafast
The double cab got rear ended today EmptyThe double cab got rear ended today Line_b11The double cab got rear ended today Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

The double cab got rear ended today

Go down 
+2
MadMike
Tom62
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

The double cab got rear ended today Empty
PostSubject: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 9:15 pm

Well I'm ticked off [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karen and I decided to drive the truck down to Lithia springs this morning and play in the water.
We had a nice time and about 1:30 we decided to leave but before we did we wanted to check out the campgrounds.
An RV pulled out in front of us and heads down the little one way road. Only problem is he forgot to secure the bike to his rack on the rear he hits a speed bump and the bike comes loose and is hanging on by one hook.
We are doing maybe 15 mph so I blow my horn to get him to stop, he hits the brakes and stops and So do I only problem his wife who was hauling butt on her scooter didn't and ran into the left rear corner of the double cab when I get out she is raising Cain ( in mostly Spanish) wanting to know why I stopped and made her run into the truck! I
tried talking to them and couldn't make sense out of what they were saying so we called the park rangers to call the sheriff but he won't come because of private property so rangers try to help. They finally get info from her husband and he starts saying the damage to the back of my truck wasn't caused by the scooter and the insurance card is from 08 I feel a hassle coming!

The damage doesn't look real bad until you start looking at the corner close. Of course she also had to put the brake lever into the new funky green metal tailgate I bought last year at bug jam and put a nice dent and scratch in it. I Figure $500 to fix and paint everything so I am really looking forward to dealing with the Insurance companies (if they even have any) tomorrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
OK, thanks for letting me rant!
here are some pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 9:29 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about that Tom. That really sucks! I hope that everything goes well for you when you talk to them. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 10:08 pm

Thanks Mike it's not the end of the world I can fix it when I redo the truck this fall.
It just irks me that the driver was mad at me for stoping and some how it's my fault, If they would have said sorry I probably would have dropped the whole thing
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 10:14 pm

Holy CRAP !! that sucks.. This is what they need chair
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 11:52 pm

Most people wont except responsibility for their actions, and IF they do they try and spin off some to you. People suck.
Back to top Go down
Stuka
Stuka

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 7:43 am

Glad the damage was light Tom. From your description, I had visions of the motorhome embossing it's grill on the back end of the DC. To bad she didn't
embos her face in the same spot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 7:35 pm

Well a good thing happened this evening.
The owner of the scooter called and wants to do right and pay for damages!
I hope we can work something out as I checked and he has no insurance on the scooter.

I'm off tomorrow and will go get a couple of estimates done and get back with him.
Back to top Go down
Stevo
1915cc
1915cc
Stevo

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 12:48 am

Unbelievable!

Did the rangers make up some sort of report?

Where r the cops when u need them?

If this would have happened to me I think I might have done something I would've regretted later!

I hate people that try to stick their own dumbness and inability to drive to others!

I hope all works out well for you Tom!

We'll see you in Brooksville!
Back to top Go down
Hellafast
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hellafast

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 9:07 am

When is the next Brooksville cruise in?
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 11:07 am

Hellafast wrote:
When is the next Brooksville cruise in?

AUGUST 6TH
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 3:02 pm

Spent Friday morning on the truck
Repainted the bumper worked part of the dent in the corner out without hurting the paint and touched up the bare metal ]
Waiting on a check from the driver of the scooter.
If it comes I'm going to use the money tobuy the paint for the truck.
Guess I'm going to have to find a couple of doglegs and break out the welder and fix some rust as soon as it cools down a little,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The double cab got rear ended today   The double cab got rear ended today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The double cab got rear ended today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa VW :: PW@ - Passing The Time :: The BS File-
Jump to:  

The double cab got rear ended today BonEchobusinesscardfront
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
Hot Tub Parts | TampaVW FaceBook