Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
have a few distributor questions? Emptyhave a few distributor questions? Line_b11have a few distributor questions? Empty 
Hellafast
have a few distributor questions? Emptyhave a few distributor questions? Line_b11have a few distributor questions? Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

have a few distributor questions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bucketbrigader
1791cc
1791cc
bucketbrigader

have a few distributor questions? Empty
PostSubject: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 1:02 pm

I am having trouble with my motor revving high all of a sudden and I am not sure what it is , the only thing left that I havent done is change out the dizzy. It is 009 and I know I know, but it s what I have. I also have another 009 and am getting ready to swap it out but wanted to see if anyone knows what happens when a dizzy goes bad?
Back to top Go down
muddobber
2498cc
2498cc
muddobber

PostSubject: Re: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 1:46 pm

experiences here have been the dist. shaft moving or shifting so that rotor contact is not made making the firing very eratic no not erotic lol caused by the washers on bottom of dist. going bad or breaking and make sure the spring is still in the dist. drive. missing spring can cause problems too. hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Stuka
Stuka

PostSubject: Re: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 3:31 pm

Also check the elec. choke circuit on the carb. coming and going. What type of carb are you using? Check for loose wires on the dizy and the choke/idle solenoid.
Back to top Go down
bucketbrigader
1791cc
1791cc
bucketbrigader

PostSubject: Re: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 8:08 pm

shes alive again. thanks for the advice I switched out the distributor and tightened everything up It ended up being the front nut on the intake I borrowed a tool to tighten it before and I tried to tighten it with a wrench it was tight but not tight enough. SOOO after all that shes running great! (for now)
Back to top Go down
muddobber
2498cc
2498cc
muddobber

PostSubject: Re: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 9:56 pm

ahh the stinking vac leak. glad it is fixed
Back to top Go down
kevinlvy
Newbie / Rebuilding engine
Newbie / Rebuilding engine

PostSubject: Re: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 11:58 pm

muddobber wrote:
ahh the stinking vac leak. glad it is fixed

haven't yet encountered this vac leak. this is just by tightening the loose parts?? would be under the hood tom since i am noticing some oil leaks and also replacing the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i acquired online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: have a few distributor questions?   have a few distributor questions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

have a few distributor questions?
Page 1 of 1