Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
Good news and Bad news EmptyGood news and Bad news Line_b11Good news and Bad news Empty 
Hellafast
Good news and Bad news EmptyGood news and Bad news Line_b11Good news and Bad news Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Good news and Bad news

Go down 
+2
the-jerm
Beetle Juice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

Good news and Bad news Empty
PostSubject: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 2:49 pm

I have some news to share. Thanks to Shawn813 I figured out that the "1300" that is supposed to be in my '69 is actually a 1600 dual port!!!! The bad news?? It still has a hole in the case. I did manage to go get my $40. used 1600 single port longblock on Sunday and it looks pretty good so with any luck I might be able make one out of two with the help of the guys down out Fisher. Might not be long after all..... clap
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 2:53 pm

Overall, it sounds like good news to me! Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 3:04 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 3:16 pm

I wouldn't if I were you. Kinda makes it harder to work on the car. Wink
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 4:36 pm

sweet deal , Make sure you get the club discount down at Fisher's
Back to top Go down
JimmyDee
1600cc
1600cc
JimmyDee

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 2:18 pm

Good luck Dave. hope it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 9:34 pm

Your good luck wishes helped out bunches Jimmy. Thanks to Dave I have an engine. Its a 1600 somewhat freshly built with some extras. Just need a few things and wont be long before Hidalgo is breathing fire! Here's some pic's for everyone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 9:45 pm

Looks good Smile So what are you needing to finish?
Back to top Go down
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 12:57 pm

My paycheck, LOL!! Stuka has a 2 bbl and intake for me. I need to buy a new fuel pump, fuel line, new cooling tins, plug wires....minor stuff. Still not sure what I want to do with engine compartment. I need to decide if i'm going to remove the tabs on the firewall and repaint or put some kind of cover over it. Plus I want to make sure the color scheme looks good. And when thats all done I have to replace the burned wires,LOL.
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 4:27 pm

If you're you going to be at Tarpon Springs I have a brand new set of yellow plug wires you can have, I'll bring them with me.
I won them at Quaker steak show, I'd like to give them to someone who can use them.
Back to top Go down
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 9:21 pm

Tom, That would be awfully nice of you! Maybe I could buy you a drink or two? We'll see ya on Sunday. You can miss me....Im the only one driving a red Firebird,LOL!
Back to top Go down
JimmyDee
1600cc
1600cc
JimmyDee

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 9:56 pm

nice and shiny engine. Congrats Dave cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 9:58 pm

Look for the Double cab, it may still have a grey nose if the weather dosn't warm up! and just leave a diet coke in the cup Holder! wires will be on the floor if i'm not at the truck.
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 10:13 pm

Tom, are you going to meet us at the Shell station on the way to the show? Its only about a mile out of your way.
Back to top Go down
Tom62
2265cc
2265cc
Tom62

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 10:39 pm

I'm not sure where the Shell station is. I'm coming down 19 from north of tarpon springs from sr 54 ( coming the back way to keep off the interstate) .

Going I-4 takes an hour and a half, coming the other way takes an extra 10 min. but a lot less stress!

All you locals know where you're going but I don't have a clue, and your intersection dosn't show up on my gps!

so.. Better directions or I guess I'll see ya'll there!
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 11:23 pm

So you're coming across 54 west to 19 correct? If so, just come across 54 to Gunn Hwy (about 3 miles west of the Suncoast Expressway). Take a left on Gunn Hwy, go to your 2nd light, the Shell station is on the corner.

My number is 813-810-3673 if you need better directions.

If anyone else wants to meet up, feel free to call me.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/12/2010, 12:55 am

Hey Dave I posted a easier spot the 7-11 right at Gunn and 54 to make it easy for people that don't know the area that well
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 8:56 pm

Beetle Juice wrote:
Your good luck wishes helped out bunches Jimmy. Thanks to Dave I have an engine. Its a 1600 somewhat freshly built with some extras. Just need a few things and wont be long before Hidalgo is breathing fire! Here's some pic's for everyone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What is the piece that is mounted to the front of the intake manifold?
Back to top Go down
Dave
2265cc
2265cc
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/14/2010, 10:31 am

it looks like its an alternator stand from a fuel injected bug.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/14/2010, 1:23 pm

Oh, I'm not too familiar with the fuel injected models. Looking at the first pic, it looks as though the piece in question is mounted to the manifold. scratch
Back to top Go down
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 10:17 am

Im not sure what that is. Im not using that intake, it just came with the engine. I got a nice carb and intake from Stuka. I have some extra parts if anyone is interested...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news and Bad news   Good news and Bad news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news and Bad news
Page 1 of 1