Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
looking for a good twin carb set up  Emptylooking for a good twin carb set up  Line_b11looking for a good twin carb set up  Empty 
Hellafast
looking for a good twin carb set up  Emptylooking for a good twin carb set up  Line_b11looking for a good twin carb set up  Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

looking for a good twin carb set up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

looking for a good twin carb set up  Empty
PostSubject: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 3:05 am

I am looking for a set of twin 34 carbs. I also want to know any info on installing and seting them. the motor is a 1641 with a progesive carb.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 10:14 am

Moved to the wanted section
Back to top Go down
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 4:22 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/11/2012, 12:54 am

Here is a nice set of dual 40's perfect for a 1641.....reasonably priced too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/19/2012, 1:51 am

Thanks for the 40's. They look new hope it works great on my motor,but thanks.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/19/2012, 11:57 pm

Let us know how that setup works for you. Here's a link to a useful site to help with the instal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BTW, was that you that had the pushrod tube issue? Just curious if you got that worked out.
Back to top Go down
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/20/2012, 1:08 am

THANKS I will check it out. Yes I had the push rods that melted. Turned out my heads were loose.
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/20/2012, 8:55 am

That makes sense. I've been trying to figure out how the he!! that could happen.
Back to top Go down
U B BUGN
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
U B BUGN

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/20/2012, 3:23 pm

Neck wasn't screwed all the way down........LMAO!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/20/2012, 4:21 pm

Hey Chris, what dizzy are you running?
Back to top Go down
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/21/2012, 1:37 am

Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime3/21/2012, 8:22 am

vac advance?
Back to top Go down
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/10/2012, 1:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] no just reg. 009. Thanks Ron for the carb set up i still have them in the box. I now have to brake down the motor again to change the piston rings. The car has low compression and it is pushing out oil from the crank oil slinger and the alt stand pipe. Any one thinks different let me know.
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/12/2012, 8:51 am

Tear it down , check and replace ..... at that point think about making it a 1915 cc
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/12/2012, 9:55 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chris P.
2387cc
2387cc
Chris P.

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/19/2012, 1:53 am

I will just have to go back to 1600. You know kinda low on funds for now Sad. But I will us the twin carbs.
Back to top Go down
muddobber
2498cc
2498cc
muddobber

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/21/2012, 8:15 am

1641 with a 110 cam will work great with those carbs. just saying
Back to top Go down
the-jerm
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
the-jerm

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime4/23/2012, 9:26 am

Do it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for a good twin carb set up    looking for a good twin carb set up  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for a good twin carb set up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tampa VW :: Market Place ***** Threads here will delete 90 days of the last Posting******* :: Anything that you Want or need to borrow-
Jump to:  

looking for a good twin carb set up  BonEchobusinesscardfront
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
Hot Tub Parts | TampaVW FaceBook