Tampa VW

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in
Just updated the members map please add yourself to it .. No need to put your home address just your city and Zip code. Please use the Key color.
Locate it in the Introduce Yourself area

If your not Logged In your not able to see EVERYTHING so LOGIN what r u waiting for Smile
Top posters
K1
Body and Paint needs EmptyBody and Paint needs Line_b11Body and Paint needs Empty 
Hellafast
Body and Paint needs EmptyBody and Paint needs Line_b11Body and Paint needs Empty 
MadMike
U B BUGN
the-jerm
baja69
muddobber
Stuka
panther
Chris P.
Latest topics
» My 69 Convertible Beetle
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 9:15 pm by engineerlt

» >> Post your mind <<
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 5:01 pm by kidr32

» Rusty floor pans
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 10:46 pm by DonnaSC

» Subaru swap
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime9/9/2013, 12:25 am by Nullifier

» Bye to a friend
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime6/2/2013, 2:00 pm by Stuka

» Mays Hot VW's
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 9:04 pm by allisontech

» Now that it's running great, I've got to change something!
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime3/4/2013, 7:24 am by allisontech

» Roxy's Restoration
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime2/16/2013, 9:26 am by allisontech

» Valve adjustment and Timming video's (Vintage VW Training Film)
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 8:55 pm by rosie007

» How did club members do at this years Pasco Bug jam?
Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime1/2/2013, 7:24 pm by allisontech

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Like this topic? Show it by clicking the Like Button.
Facebook
Tampa Vw Net

Create Your Badge
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Body and Paint needs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

Body and Paint needs Empty
PostSubject: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime12/30/2009, 7:58 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know I am a bodyman of 20 years and currently write collision repair estimates at a local dealership. If anyone has any question's about body and paint or would like to have some work estimated feel free to give me shout!! Doesn't have to be just your VW either, I'm glad to help if I can.
Back to top Go down
dragnfly
1791cc
1791cc
dragnfly

PostSubject: Re: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime2/20/2010, 11:53 pm

I've got a question for you. Are there any people in this area that can do ceramic-coating? I've heard that having the exhaust and valve covers ceramic coated can help keep the enging a running a little cooler. No one seems to know a good one in this area though.
Back to top Go down
dragnfly
1791cc
1791cc
dragnfly

PostSubject: Re: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime2/20/2010, 11:59 pm

One more question! What is your opinion on using a polyester or epoxy body filler instead of bondo? At some point in the future when I'm making lots more money, I would like to have new parts fabricated for the body of my bus, but in the meantime we would just like to get it roadworthy. I've heard that polyester or epoxy last longer and doesn't crack.
Back to top Go down
Beetle Juice
Premium Member
Premium Member
Beetle Juice

PostSubject: Re: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 8:50 pm

In answer to question #1, I dont know of anyone who does ceramic coating. However, you can buy ceramic coated exhaust components. In answer to question #2, polyester filler is pretty much the norm these days. You can also get fiberglass reinforced filler as well. The down side is the fiberglass stuff is harder to sand. If you repair the metal properly you shouldn't need much more than a skim coat of filler one way or the other. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
K1
Admin
Admin
K1

PostSubject: Re: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 11:22 pm

For ceramic coating look up All American Powder coating they are one Bears just South of 41.
Back to top Go down
dragnfly
1791cc
1791cc
dragnfly

PostSubject: Re: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 11:32 am

cool, thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body and Paint needs   Body and Paint needs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Body and Paint needs
Page 1 of 1